Who Moved My Cheese by Dr Spencer Johnson
Cheese is a metaphor for what you want to have in life. It could be a good job, loving relationship, money or health. The very core message of the book is this: things constantly change so we must adapt. The quicker we adapt a change the more satisfied will be with.
Our Cheese ( Our Vision )
Generating an agri-business that is sustainable, innovative and profitable; Building around the basics of farming.
Ingredients for our Cheese:
- Hiring and retaining self motivated staff
- Implementing new agricultural practices and new technology
- Promoting a safe and fun farm culture.
- Completing farming projects within scheduled guidelines.
- Advocate cleanliness and organization in our farming operation.
- Tasks we are doing now:
- ( Sniff, Scurry, Haw and Hem )
- Start staff manuals and task orientation manuals ( video )
- Promote and provide education to staff and public regarding horticulture in Sask, Canada and globally
- Provide safety training to staff
- Maximize net profit per acre by growing high demand and/or high value crops
- Continue Integrated Pest Management Protocol
- Continue water management program
- Educate staff on equipment operation, safety and maintenance
- Drip line for water management
- Green manures for soil health
- Biological pest controls for reduced chemical usage
- GPS for steering and field mapping
- Agritourism for increased farm exposure, education and fun